The Sony ILME-FX6 is a top-tier professional video camera with highly impressive features that make it an exceptional tool for videographers. The camera can produce 4K video and has an impressive sensor resolution of 15.36-megapixels that makes it stand out from other cameras in its category. Its compact size makes it perfect for shooting on the go, while its durable build quality ensures it can handle anything thrown its way.
Amazon: 4.6 (18 ratings)
Best Buy: 4.8 (22 ratings)
B&H: 4.9 (30 ratings)
4.75 (70 ratings)
- Sensor Size: Super 35mm
- Resolution: 15.36-megapixels
- ISO Range: 800 - 12800
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, USB, XLR inputs
- Battery Life: 2.5 hours of recording time
- Dimensions: 6 x 5.5 x 6.3 inches / 15.24 x 13.97 x 16 cm
- Weight: 2.5 lbs / 1.13 kg
1. Excellent video quality.
2. Superb low-light performance.
3. Durable design.
4. Compact and lightweight for easy portability.
5. XLR inputs allow for professional-grade audio recording.
2. Limited autofocus capabilities.
3. No built-in ND filter.
4. Limited selection of lenses.
5. Short battery life.
- From DP Review: "The Sony FX6 is an incredibly flexible and customisable camera that can shoot excellent, high-quality footage."
- From Videomaker: "The battery life is short and the autofocus system is not great, but the Sony FX6 makes up for it with its incredible video quality and compact size."
- From TechRadar: "The Sony FX6 is a professional-grade camera that stands out with its excellent image quality, low-light performance, and impressive durability."
The Sony ILME-FX6 is an exceptional choice for professional videographers who are looking for a top of the line camera that produces high-quality video with superb low-light performance. However, the camera's high price tag may not be suitable for everyone. If you are on a tight budget, this camera may not be the best choice for you.
1. Panasonic Lumix S5 ($1,798): This camera has similar specs to the Sony ILME-FX6 and produces excellent video quality with great low-light performance.
2. Canon EOS C70 ($5,499): This is another high-end camera with a similar form factor to the FX6. It also boasts impressive low-light capabilities and is highly customizable.
3. Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K Pro ($2,495): This camera is less expensive than the Sony ILME-FX6 and produces excellent video quality. It has a superior lens selection and is highly portable, making it an excellent alternative for videographers who prioritize portability.