$499 | An amazing lens with stunning sharpness and creamy bokeh, perfect for portrait and low-light photography.Buy Now
The Nikon AF-S FX Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Lens is a fantastic lens for those who want to take stunning portraits or capture low-light scenes. It provides sharp images and features a fast f/1.4 maximum aperture. However, it may not be the best choice for those looking for a versatile all-purpose lens.
Amazon: 4.8 stars (881 ratings)
Best Buy: 4.8 stars (339 ratings)
Walmart: 4.9 stars (193 ratings)
BH Photo: 4.9 stars (87 ratings)
4.8 stars (1,500 ratings)
- Focal Length: 50mm
- Maximum Aperture: f/1.4
- Minimum Aperture: f/16
- Lens Mount: Nikon F
- Format Compatibility: Full-Frame
- Angle of View: 46°
- Minimum Focus Distance: 1.48 ft. (0.45m)
- Filter Size: 58mm
- Dimensions: 2.9 x 2.1 in. (73.5 x 54.2 mm)
- Weight: 9.9 oz. (280 g)
1. Fast Maximum Aperture: The f/1.4 aperture allows users to shoot in low-light conditions, capture stunning bokeh, and create a shallow depth of field effect.
2. Sharp Pictures: The lens produces incredibly sharp pictures with excellent detail and color accuracy, even when shooting wide open.
3. Compact and Lightweight: The lens is small and lightweight, making it easy to carry around and use for extended periods of time.
1. Limited Zoom: With a fixed 50mm focal length, this lens may not be the best choice for those who prefer zoom lenses or want more versatility.
2. Expensive: Compared to other 50mm lenses, the Nikon AF-S FX Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Lens is quite expensive.
3. No Image Stabilization: The lens does not have image stabilization, which may result in blurry pictures if the shutter speed is too slow.
- "The Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G is an excellent lens, especially if you envision doing a lot of low-light shooting." - PCMag
- "The Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G is a highly desirable lens for photographers dealing with low light." - Digital Camera World
If you're a professional or hobbyist photographer who wants to capture stunning portraits or low-light scenes, the Nikon AF-S FX Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Lens is definitely worth considering. Its fast maximum aperture, sharp pictures, and compact design make it a great investment. However, if you're looking for a more versatile all-purpose lens, this may not be the best choice for you.