The GoPro HERO8 is a powerful camera that is designed for those who want to capture stunning video footage and images. It is packed with advanced features that allow it to handle any challenge, making it a great investment for those who love to capture their adventures on camera.
- Amazon: 4.6/5 (1,246 ratings)
- Best Buy: 4.6/5 (432 ratings)
- B&H Photo Video: 4.7/5 (390 ratings)
- Total Rating: 4.6/5 (2,068 ratings)
- Dimensions: 66.3 x 48.6 x 28.4mm / 2.61 x 1.91 x 1.12in
- Weight: 126g / 4.4oz
- Sensor size and resolution: 1/2.3-inch CMOS sensor, 12MP
- ISO range: 100-3200
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth
- Battery life: Up to 1 hour and 45 minutes (depending on usage)
1. Amazing Video Quality: The GoPro HERO8's HyperSmooth 2.0 video stabilization makes shaky footage a thing of the past, providing smooth video quality that looks professional.
2. Excellent Build Quality: The HERO8 is built to last, with a sturdy body that is waterproof up to 33ft (10m) without the need for additional housing.
3. Intuitive User Interface: The user interface is simple and easy to navigate, making it easy to capture your footage without fussing over settings.
4. Wide Range of Accessories: There are a multitude of accessories available for the HERO8, from mounts to protective cases that ensure you can take this camera anywhere.
5. Live Streaming: You can live stream directly from the HERO8 to social media platforms like YouTube, Facebook and Twitch with just a few taps.
1. No Front Display: The lack of a front display is a minor inconvenience for those who need to align their shots or take selfies.
2. Low Battery Life: The battery life on the HERO8 can be improved by purchasing additional batteries, but even with one, it only lasts up to 1 hour 45 minutes.
3. No Image Stabilization for 4K and 60fps: While the HERO8 does feature improved stabilization, it does not work with 4K and 60fps footage.
4. Expensive: At around $400, it is an expensive investment for some video enthusiasts.
5. Physical Lens Cover: Unlike previous iterations, the HERO8's lens cover is not removable, which means that accidental scratches can't be easily fixed.
- CNET: "The GoPro HERO8 Black makes a good case for being the best action camera on the market and is a safe bet for anyone looking for a rugged, dependable camera. It's a winner."
- TechRadar: "If you're looking for a super-smart, ultra user-friendly action camera that can provide pro-quality footage, the GoPro HERO8 Black is the one to beat."
- Tom's Guide: "If you're looking for the best, and don't mind paying for it, the GoPro HERO8 Black is the action camera to get."
The GoPro HERO8 is a fantastic option for those who require a powerful camera to document their adventures. The video and photo quality is impressive, and the advanced stabilization features make it easy to capture smooth and dynamic footage. However, the HERO8 is expensive and the battery life is short, so it may not be for everyone. If you're an enthusiastic videographer, the HERO8 is certainly worth considering.
1. DJI Osmo Action Camera ($349): The DJI Osmo Action Camera offers advanced stabilization features comparable to the HERO8, with a front-facing display and a longer battery life of up to 2 hours.
2. Sony RX0 II ($698): The Sony RX0 II is a compact, high-end action camera that's more expensive than the HERO8, but offers stunning video quality thanks to its one-inch sensor.
3. Insta360 ONE R Twin Edition ($429): The Insta360 ONE R Twin Edition is a versatile camera that offers both a 4K wide-angle lens and a 360-degree lens in one package, making it great for vloggers and content creators.